Welcome to triptrack
We provide an open source mobile journey tracking services to users and developers via our web application. Make sure you visit our FAQs or email us any questions you may have with regards to the site.
My project will be a mobile web app that can be used to inteligently track your journeys. It will work out when you start and end your journeys and will track these. Once you have finished a journey it will then be available on a dashboard along with your other journeys and some useful graphs.
- Pass the journey data to backend system (probably PHP and CakePHP)
- Analyse the journey data on the fly to see if the user is starting a new journey (maybe using a hidden Markov model)
- Store data on the client side if connection to the server islost
- Once connection is restored, sync locally stored data and remove it from storage
- Authentication and user accounts
- Build nice site to sit infornt of the map page
If you have comments about the project please contact me at sdm9"at"aber.ac.uk
If you do decide to use this for whatever reason could you please let me know by email. I do not garantee any of the above functionality